17.5 CPD POINTS
Open Approach Rhinoplasty
Held in Conjunction with the Department of Otolaryngology, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee.
The Dundee Advanced Rhinoplasty course, now in its 25th year, provides a comprehensive educational opportunity in rhinoplasty. From initial consultation, through surgery, to post-operative care is covered, using tutorials, lectures, technique demonstrations and case workshops. The course curriculum has been shaped by the delegate feedback over the years, and surgeons from middle year trainees, through to experienced independent surgeons have benefited from the opportunities provided to meet their continuing professional development needs.
Distinguished faculty includes – Pete Ross & Paul White (Course Directors), Quentin Gardner, Bhaskar Ram, Tim Woolford, Claudio Albizzati, Iain Hathorn, David Walker, Saghir Sheikh, David Gatland & Nick Calder.
The course includes:
• Single delegate per work station
• Individual Thiel cadaver dissection
• Practical exercises and demonstrations in tip sculpturing, columella and septal struts, cartilage harvesting, osteotomy techniques and cartilage graft surgery.
• Lectures in peri-operative care, imaging and managing complications
• Case discussion workshops
• High tutor delegate ratio"
Please note the venue of this course is not the Surgical Skills Centre, Ninewells Hospital
Centre for Anatomy & Human Identification
College of Life Sciences
University of Dundee
The instruments for this course are supplied by Storz and the sutures are supplied by Covidien.