Endorsed by: RCSEd01683 6 Credits
(for ENT Trainees & Consultants) ST3 -ST8
This dissection Course using Thiel fixed cadavers aims to build on core skills and provides training in some of the more challenging aspects of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, including those necessary for emergency safe practice and those necessary for dealing with complications of endoscopic ethmoidectomy. Our aim is for trainees to develop competency at managing rhinological emergencies and the acute complications of FESS such as orbital haematoma and CSF leak.
- Competency based approach to surgery
- Deals with management of complications of ESS
- Structured curriculum
Gain understanding and experience in:
- Posterior ethmoid and sphenoid anatomy
- Surgical approaches for dealing with epistaxis
- Intra-operative management of ESS complications
- Emergency orbital decompression surgery
- Frontal recess anatomy
- Repair and anterior skull base CSF leak
PLEASE NOTE THAT FROM 2020 THIS COURSE WILL BE COMBINED WITH FESS 1 RUNNING AS A 2 DAY COURSE RATHER THAN SINGLE DAYS.
The University of Dundee is currently the leading centre in the UK using Thiel embalmed cadavers, thanks to the pioneering work of its Centre of Anatomy and Human Identification (CAHID.) for more information on our Thiel courses.