Awarded 12 CPD points by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Course Directors - Mr Sam Majumdar, Consultant Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon & Mr Jai Manick, ENT Consultant
This is a 2.5 day (lectures take place the evening before) advanced course designed for senior trainees & practising surgeons wanting to develop their skills in laryngeal & phonosurgical skills. Advanced Surgical simulation lab with specially preserved Human cadavers (Thiel embalming method) will offer excellent life like learning environment (2:1 trainee: trainer ratio) to practice, closely supervised, endoscopic microsurgery with rigid & flexible endoscopy with the application of cold steel instruments & CO2 Laser. Demonstration & hands on practice of TransNasalEsophagoscopy (TNE).
- Surgical Anatomy
- Diagnostic Microlaryngoscopy & biopsy
- Vocal Cord Augmentation: Trancervical & Transoral Injection Laryngoplasty
- Lateral Cordotomy
- Practice of TransNasalEsophagoscopy
- Balloon dilation of cricopharyngeus and oesophageal strictures
- Cricopharyngeal Myotomy
- Dilatation of Subglottic stenosis
- Pharyngeal Pouch surgery on animal model
- Selective Myotomy & Denervation Procedure
- Live Endolaryngeal Laser Surgery
- TNE injection, biopsy, dilatation
LEVEL OF COURSE – Senior Trainees & Practicing Surgeons wanting to develop their Laryngeal & Phono-surgical skills.
- On Sunday 6th September lectures will take place from 17:00 - 20:00 in the Glamis Room at the Queens Hotel, 160 Nethergate, Dundee, DD1 4DU.
- On Monday 7th and Tuesday 8th the course will take place in the Surgical Skills Centre, Level 5, Ninewells Hospiital and Medical School, Dundee, DD2 1GZ.
- On Monday 7th September there will be a Course Dinner in the evening.
PLEASE DO NOT BOOK ANY TRAVEL OR ACCOMMODATION AT THIS TIME AS WE ARE CURRENTLY AWAITING EQUIPMENT CONFIRMATION.
This Advanced Educational Simulation Surgery Workshop is kindly supported by: