We also offer 5 Observer places with the fee being £350. If you wish to attend as an observer only please do state this in the comments section of the registration form.
Course Directors - Mr Jai Manick, ENT Consultant & Mr Sam Majumdar, Consultant Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon
This is a 2 days advanced course designed for senior trainees & practising surgeons wanting to develop their skills in laryngeal & phonosurgical skills. Advanced Surgical simulation lab with specially preserved Human cadavers (Thiel embalming method) will offer excellent life like learning environment (2:1 trainee: trainer ratio) to practice, closely supervised, endoscopic microsurgery with rigid & flexible endoscopy with the application of cold steel instruments & CO2 Laser. Demonstration & hands on practice of TransNasalEsophagoscopy (TNE).
- Surgical Anatomy
- Diagnostic Microlaryngoscopy & biopsy
- Vocal Cord Augmentation: Trancervical & Transoral Injection Laryngoplasty
- Lateral Cordotomy
- Practice of TransNasalEsophagoscopy
- Balloon dilation of cricopharyngeus and oesophageal strictures
- Cricopharyngeal Myotomy
- Dilatation of Subglottic stenosis
- Pharyngeal Pouch surgery on animal model
- Selective Myotomy & Denervation Procedure
- Live Endolaryngeal Laser Surgery
- TNE injection, biopsy, dilatation
LEVEL OF COURSE – Senior Trainees & Practicing Surgeons wanting to develop their Laryngeal & Phono-surgical skills.
The Course Directors have a course specific website you can visit.
This Advanced Educational Simulation Surgery Workshop is kindly supported by: