Endorsed by: RCSEd01682 6 Credits
(Allied Specialities including, ENT Trainees, Core training to ST5, Ophthalmology & Neurosurgery)
This Course, using Thiel cadaveric specimens’ provides trainees with the skills to become familiar with nasal endoscope and instrument handling. Understanding of the detailed anatomy of the lateral wall of the nose and the anterior paranasal sinuses will be gained by practical surgical dissection exercises.
- Competency based approach to surgery
- Anterior Endoscopic Sinus Surgery approaches
- Includes SPA ligation
- Facility provides individual work stations equipped to a high level
- Structured curriculum
Gain experience by simulation of:
- Bulla resction
- Defining the ground lamella
- Anterior ethmoidectomy
- Middle meatal antrostomy
- Sphenopalatine artery ligation
The University of Dundee is currently the leading centre in the UK using Thiel embalmed cadavers, thanks to the pioneering work of its Centre of Anatomy and Human Identification (CAHID.) for more information on our Thiel courses.