Awarded 15.5 CPD Hours
- Mr. Stephen Jones
- Mr Patrick Spielmann
- Mr Simon McKean
This 2 ½ day course is suitable for ST4 grades or above and consultants are more than welcome. Course participants, will be supervised by trainers with a ratio of 1:2. The course consists of dissections/lecturers and a course dinner sponsored by Med-El on the first evening. The temporal bone dissection facilities in the Skills Centre are some of the best equipped in the country.
The programme will include training in all aspects of temporal bone dissection including:
- Modified Radical Mastoidectomy
- Posterior Tympanotomy
- Translabyrinthine approach to the internal auditory meatus
- Endolymphatic sac decompression
- Jugular Fossa Exploration
- Ossiculoplasty using a range of PORPs and TORPs
- Insertion of middle ear & cochlear implants.
- Translabyrinthine & retrosigmoid approaches to the IAC
Progression through the dissection will be performed under close supervision of trainers and paced at an appropriate level to the participant. The extent of dissection, and other procedures, carried out by each individual trainee will be tailored to their level of experience.