£475 (£200 for Scotland based trainees due to NES funding)
Monday, February 13, 2023 - 08:45 to 16:30
Emergency Safe Neck Surgery by Cadaver Dissection
This one day course held in the Surgical Skills Centre, provides a competency based approach to emergency Safe Neck Surgery.
A series of structured exercises has been devised so that trainees can complete a variety of neck surgery simulations based on the more common neck emergencies encountered in otolaryngology.
Gain experience in management by simulation of:
- Stab wounds to the neck
- Emergency neck surgery for epistaxis
- Emergency neck surgery for neck space infection
- Emergency surgery for laryngeal trauma
- Including laryngotracheal separation and tracheostomy
The SAC recommends that each surgical trainee attends at least 2 training days per year.
WORKSTATION HANDS ON TRAINING
The course provides:
- Instruction in the use of instrumentation
- “Hands on” practical anatomical and surgical skills experience using cadavers
- Personal tuition from experienced otolaryngologists
- Evidence of skills training and competency
The University of Dundee is currently the leading centre in the UK using Thiel embalmed cadavers, thanks to the pioneering work of its Centre of Anatomy and Human Identification (CAHID.) for more information on our Thiel courses.