Please register via the JETS website www.jets.nhs.uk
This is one-day intensive practical course using a porcine model of endoscopic polypectomy. The course provides an overview and practical experience of how to perform safe and effective polypectomy. Hands on training will include practical polypectomy, tatooing, endoclip placement and endoscopic mucosal resection.
Trainees from medical, surgical or other relevant backgrounds learning to perform endoscopic polypectomy. Consultants wishing to up date their skills are also welcome. Potential delegates should have the scope handling skills and experience of at least 50 colonoscopies or flexible sigmoidoscopies. More experienced endoscopists are also welcome.
- To demonstrate an approach to polypectomy that includes optimal visualisation, classification and risk assessment
- To perform safe polypectomy of pedunculated and sessile lesions
- Have an opportunity to utilise equipment and have hand-on training in polypectomy
- Describe an overview of range of therapeutic modalities involved in polypectomy
- Explain the equipment necessary for therapeutic lower gastrointestinal endoscopy including diathermy settings
- To describe methods of preventing and treating polypectomy complications