Course Convener Mr. Kismet Hossain-Ibrahim, Consultant Neurosurgeon, NHS Tayside
This course has been awarded 6 HOURS CPD
PLEASE NOTE : Registration is reliant on completion of a pre-course MCQ, which will be repeated at the end of the course, for teaching audit reasons only
This course is aimed at orthopaedic and neurosurgery trainees preparing to sit their exams covering core topics from the curriculum syllabus. It is also aimed to junior and middle grade trainees and SAS doctors that want to familiarize themselves with common pathologies of the spine. Prosected cadaveric specimens with frequently used approaches in the cervical, thoracolumbar and lumbar spine will be used, along with Thiel cadavers.
Aimed at ST3-8 Orthopaedic trainees, ST3-8 Neurosurgery trainees. Numbers are limited to 16 delegates. (8 Places Junior ST 3-6, 8 Places Senior ST 7-8)
- Spine anatomy and biomechanics using prosections – (spinal cord, cervical and thoracic spine)
- Spine anatomy and biomechanics using prosections – (lumbar spine, sacrum, coccyx and intervertebral disc)
- Degenerative conditions of the spine
- Spinal trauma (including spinal cord injuries)
- Spinal deformities
- Spinal infections
- Inflammatory conditions affecting the spine
- Spinal tumours
£50 deposit will be required to secure your place. This will be refunded after you have attended the course.
Course supported by: Stryker, Safe Orthopaedics and BBraun