A two day, highly practical course for a maximum of 8 participants.
The course is aimed at urological trainees who have some basic skills in flexible ureterorenoscopy. The emphasis during the course will be hands-on training utilising simulators and human cadavers (preserved by Thiel method) as well as observing experts performing ureterorenoscopy in theatre. The course will include practical sessions in stone fragmentation utilising long, standard and short pulse lasers.
There will also be short seminars and round table discussion sessions.
The Course Provides:
- hands-on experience using simulations
- hands-on exercises using human cadavers
- observing expert performing in operating theatre
- maximum laboratory time
- flexible programme
- opportunity to view different applications
- opportunity to try different types of lasers
- opportunity to discuss with experts procedures and complications
At this stage you are invited to submit a registration form to note interest in this supported course. You will be notified if you have a place by Friday 21st February 2016; at this point you will be requested to pay a refundable deposit of £150 to secure your place.
Friends of Stracathro
The University of Dundee is currently the leading centre in the UK using Thiel embalmed cadavers, thanks to the pioneering work of its Centre of Anatomy and Human Identification (CAHID.) for more information on our Thiel courses.