BAUS and the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh has awarded this course with 12 CPD points.
- Professor Ghulam Nabi (Ninewells Hospital, Dundee)
The BAUS Section of Endourology, in association with the DIHS, Dundee, would like to invite you to participate in a forthcoming Laparoscopic Training Course. The course will be held in our superb training venue located at Ninewells Hospital & Medical School, Dundee, Scotland.
This newly re-developed 2 day course provides urological trainees hands-on opportunity to train laparoscopic skills up to intermediate level, and builds on core techniques up to the rehearsal of laparoscopic nephrectomy, pyeloplasty, and partial nephrectomy. Suitable for SpR 1 or above, and consultants who wish to adopt these techniques. The course uses specially designed training animal tissue phantoms and virtual reality simulation. Close supervision is provided by expert urologists.
The course provides
- Access techniques, post closure, insufflation, camera orientation exercise
- Virtual reality simulations skills exercises
- Ergonomics in laparoscopic surgery
- Tissue dissection exercise
- Safe use of electrosurgery and other energized dissection devices
- Tissue extraction/port closure
- Laparoscopic suturing
- Expert session: avoid error complications in laparoscopic surgery
- Expert session: laparoscopic nephrectomy
- Laparoscopic right and left nephrectomy on a calf model
- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty on animal tissue model
- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy on animal tissue model