This course is accredited by the Royal College of General Practitioners
VENUE: Surgical Skills Centre, Level 5, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee.
This practical surgical skills workshop is ideally suited to all primary care team members: GPs, GPSI’s, GP registrars, GP Trainers and Practice nurses involved in basic surgical procedures.
The Primary Care Surgical Skills Course provides hands-on experience using synthetic and tissue models, videos with practical tuition from experienced tutors. It will utilise online pre-course learning material to maximise time spent on practical activities.
- Safe usage of surgical instruments
- Punch biopsies, shaving & curettage
- Local anaesthetic infiltration
- Elliptical excision of simple lesion
- Excision of Epidermoid Cyst
- Excision of Lipoma
- Wound Closures with:- Interrupted sutures, Vertical mattress suture, Inverted Interrupted suture and Continuous subcuticular suture