Minor Surgery in General Practice
This course is accredited by the Royal College of General Practitioners
VENUE: Surgical Skills Centre, Level 5, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee.
This practical surgical skills workshop is ideally suited to all primary care team members: GPs, GPSI’s, GP registrars, GP Trainers and Practice nurses involved in basic surgical procedures.
The Primary Care Surgical Skills Course provides hands-on experience using synthetic and tissue models, videos with practical tuition from experienced tutors. It will utilise online pre-course learning material to maximise time spent on practical activities.
- Safe usage of surgical instruments
- Punch biopsies, shaving & curettage
- Local anaesthetic infiltration
- Elliptical excision of simple lesion
- Excision of Epidermoid Cyst
- Excision of Lipoma
- Wound Closures with:- Interrupted sutures, Vertical mattress suture, Inverted Interrupted suture and Continuous subcuticular suture
TCGP - The Assistant Director of GP Postgraduate Education for East and South-East Scotland has confirmed that TCGP no longer exists and trainees, if wishing to attend the course, would have to apply for the course through study leave, through your TPD who would consider your application and request for funding, the trainee may have to partially or fully self fund depending on other use of study leave.