Awarded 12 CPD points by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Course Directors - Mr Sam Majumdar, Consultant Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon and Mr Jai Manick, ENT Consultant
This is a 2.5 day (lectures take place the evening before) advanced course designed for senior trainees & practising surgeons wanting to develop their skills in laryngeal & phonosurgical skills. Advanced Surgical simulation lab with specially preserved Human cadavers (Thiel embalming method) will offer excellent life like learning environment (2:1 trainee: trainer ratio) to practice, closely supervised, endoscopic microsurgery with rigid & flexible endoscopy with the application of cold steel instruments & CO2 Laser. Demonstration & hands on practice of TransNasalEsophagoscopy (TNE).
- Surgical Anatomy
- Diagnostic Microlaryngoscopy & biopsy
- Vocal Cord Augmentation: Trancervical & Transoral Injection Laryngoplasty
- Lateral Cordotomy
- Practice of TransNasalEsophagoscopy
- Balloon dilation of cricopharyngeus and oesophageal strictures
- Cricopharyngeal Myotomy
- Dilatation of Subglottic stenosis
- Pharyngeal Pouch surgery on animal model
- Selective Myotomy & Denervation Procedure
- Live Endolaryngeal Laser Surgery
- TNE injection, biopsy, dilatation
LEVEL OF COURSE – Senior Trainees & Practicing Surgeons wanting to develop their Laryngeal & Phono-surgical skills.
- On Sunday 22nd September lectures will take place from 17:00 - 20:00 in the Glamis Room at the Queens Hotel, 160 Nethergate, Dundee, DD1 4DU.
- On Monday 23rd September there will be a Course Dinner in the evening.
This Advanced Educational Simulation Surgery Workshop is kindly supported by: