Course Leads - Omar Quaba & Alastair Lowrie
Suitable for ST3-ST6
This one-day course held in the DIHS, provides a competency based approach to Aesthetic Facial Surgery.
Course faculty range from Consultant Plastic Surgeons, Maxillo-facial Surgeons and ENT Surgeons.
A series of structured exercises have been devised so trainees can complete a variety of facial soft tissue surgery simulations based on the more common aesthetic procedures encountered. Opportunity for individual cadaver based dissection in the following will be covered:
Gain understanding of and experience in:
- Upper lid blepharoplasty
- Lower lid blepharoplasty
- Suture Techniques
- Pinnaplasty Suture Techniques
- Face lift
- Brow lift
The course provides:
- Instruction in the use of instrumentation
- “Hands on” practical anatomical and surgical skills experience using cadavers
- Evidence of skills training and competency
- Pre-course material and an attendance certificate
- 6 CPD points awarded
The University of Dundee is currently the leading centre in the UK using Thiel embalmed cadavers, thanks to the pioneering work of its Centre of Anatomy and Human Identification (CAHID.) for more information on our Thiel courses.