The course is endorsed and accredited by BAUS and The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, awarded with 12 CPD points.
Ghulam Nabi, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee (Course Lead)
Benjie Tang, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee
Grigorios Athanadiadis, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen
Tariq Tassadaq, Luton and Dunstable Hospital, England
Steve Lenung, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh
Alexander Laird, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh
Edward Mains, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh
The BAUS Section of Endourology, in association with the DIHS, Dundee, would like to invite you to participate in a forthcoming Laparoscopic Training Course. The course will be held in our superb training venue located at Ninewells Hospital & Medical School, Dundee, Scotland.
This 2 day course provides urological trainees hands-on opportunity to train laparoscopic skills up to intermediate level and builds on core techniques up to the rehearsal of laparoscopic nephrectomy, pyeloplasty and partial nephrectomy on animal tissue models. Suitable for SpR 1 or above and consultants who wish to adopt these techniques. The course uses specially designed training animal tissue phantoms and virtual reality simulation. Close supervision is provided by expert urologists.
The course provides
- Access techniques, post closure, insufflation, camera orientation exercise
- Ergonomics in laparoscopic surgery
- Tissue dissection exercise and clipping and stapling technique
- Safe use of electrosurgery and other advanced energized dissection devices
- Tissue extraction/port closure
- Laparoscopic suturing skills
- Expert session: avoid error complications in laparoscopic surgery
- Expert session: laparoscopic nephrectomy
- Laparoscopic right and left nephrectomy on a calf model
- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty on animal tissue model
- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy on a calf model