Mr Zeeshan Aslam, Consultant Urologist, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School
Mr Paul Halliday, Consultant Urologist, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School
Mr Greg kata, Consultant Urologist, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School
This is a one and a half day practical course for a maximum of 8 participants, the ideal attendee being a Urological Trainee who is already undertaking or about to start training in endoscopic urology.
The emphasis during the course will be hands-on training on animal tissue models and Thiel embalmed human cadavers. The course will be taught by consultant urologists. The atmosphere is relaxed and informal, allowing easy exchange of ideas and experiences.
- Anatomy, equipment and technique for Ureteroscopy
- Anatomy, equipment and techniques for TURP and TURT
- Hands on exercise on ureteroscopy, stone extraction and stent insertion
- Expert sessions
- Hands on excercise using the tissue models for ureteroscopy
- Safe use electrosurgery
- Hands on exercises using tissue models for TURP, TURT
- Hands on exercises for TURP and Ureteroscopy on human cadavers (preserved with Thiel method)
- Close supervision and immediate feedback from expert
- Discussion on results, common errors, and complications of TURP, TURT, and Ureteroscopy
The University of Dundee is currently the leading centre in the UK using Thiel embalmed cadavers, thanks to the pioneering work of its Centre of Anatomy and Human Identification (CAHID.) for more information on our Thiel courses.