This course has been awarded 9 CPD points from the RCSEd and has been successfully running for many years.
This is a one and a half day practical course, ideal for Urology Trainees who are already undertaking or about to start training in endoscopic urology.
The emphasis during the course will be hands-on training mainly on restructured animal tissue models and also Thiel embalmed human cadavers, whilst the relevant key clinical elements will be addressed by the experts in the subject areas. The course will be taught by consultant urologists. The atmosphere is relaxed and informal, allowing easy exchange of ideas and experiences.
- Anatomy, equipment and technique for Ureteroscopy
- Anatomy, equipment and techniques for TURP and TURT
- Expert sessions
- Hands on exercise on ureteroscopy, stone extraction and stent insertion
- Hands on excercise using the animal tissue models for ureteroscopy
- Safe use electrosurgery
- Hands on exercises using validated restructured tissue models for TURP, TURT
- Hands on exercises for TURP and Ureteroscopy on human cadavers (preserved with Thiel method)
- Close supervision and immediate feedback from expert
- Discussion on results, common errors, and complications of TURP, TURT, and Ureteroscopy
The University of Dundee is currently the leading centre in the UK using Thiel embalmed cadavers, thanks to the pioneering work of its Centre of Anatomy and Human Identification (CAHID.) for more information on our Thiel courses.