Attend this course along with the Hysteroscopy and Endometrial Ablation Course taking place on 14th May 2021 for a total reduced total fee of £1000 (save £150 on the separate course fees), please complete both registration forms.
We have developed an intensive, four-day course focusing on the key skills to intermediate level required for safe laparoscopic practice in gynaecology. The course has been carefully designed to maximize hands-on experience whilst in our centre. The course is equally suitable for the junior surgeon starting out in minimal access surgery and for the more senior surgeon who is either new to laparoscopy or wishes to refresh their key skills. Ample time for trainees to interact and discuss with experts of subject areas and close supervision from experts during hands-on practical sessions are provided.
- Dr Lucky Saraswat
- Dr Patrick Chien
- Dr Kevin Cooper
- Dr Zbig Tkacz
- Dr Benjie Tang
- Dr Chu Chin Lim
- Dr Raffat Youssef
COURSE LEVEL - CT1 and above
- Camera and scope manipulation, abdominal access and insufflation, ergonomics, sharp and blunt dissection, clip application electrosurgery, looping, tissue extraction, and port site closure.
- Laparoscopic suturing skills (interrupted, continuous, and tumbled square knot).
- Extracoporeal Knotting skills.
- Diagnostic laparoscopy in gynaecology.
- Hands on opportunities on laparoscopic adhesiolysis, laparoscopic salpingostomy, salpingectomy, oophorectomy and cystectomy.
- Hands on practical session on laparoscopic amputation of uterine body, morcellation of uterus, and suturing of virginal vault.
- Hands on practical session on laparoscopic myomectomy and suturing closure of defect.
- Discussion on errors and complications.
- Close supervision from experts.
This course has been awarded 24 CPD points by RCSEd.
All fees include tuition, on-line learning course, practical materials and a light lunch.